DCL Refurbishment Update
Dear Residents, Relatives, and Friends of Buckland,
It is with great pleasure that I write to you today to give you an update on the status of the Donald Coburn Lodge (DCL) refurbishment.
There has been much progress made and the following has taken place over the last couple weeks. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Blockwork of the new lift has been completed
- Construction of the timber roof frame to the lift shaft
- Structural steel installation to Living/Dining Room 90% complete with the roofing arriving later this week
Main Lounge and surrounding area
- Steel stud wall framing has been completed
- Mechanical installation nearing completion
- Services rough in underway for:
- Electrical, Fire, Security, Nurses Call, Hydraulics
Over the next two weeks, a series of new installations will be taking place in and around the lower studios’ courtyard and the main lounge area.
- Roof sheeting to the high roof over the lift and installation of box gutters. Once completed, scaffold will be removed
- Completion of structural steel
- Installation of roof sheeting to new Dining Room
- Installation of steel door jambs
- Linings to commence to the two-storey section
As always, thank you all for your patience and understanding as we continue with the works ahead. If you have any questions or concerns, our Building Liaison officer Matt Szucs can be contacted on 0478 172 288, or you can contact me directly on (02) 4752 2500.
Chief Executive Officer